We currently have an exciting opening within the Bailies Coffee team for the position of:
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANISATION
Bailies Coffee is an award-winning Belfast-based coffee roasting company known for exceptional quality, supplying a range of coffee, tea, accessories, disposables, consumables and machinery, primarily to quality-led coffee shops and restaurants across Ireland. The mission of Bailies Coffee is to produce consistently delicious coffee for people who love coffee, while building a sustainable business by sourcing ethically and being a complete solution provider to our customers. Bailies Coffee is a growing, high-energy, fast-paced work environment where communication, self-direction, creativity, fun, and the willingness to pitch in wherever needed are highly valued.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, coffee-loving sales person to navigate growth opportunities and partnerships within the wholesale side of our business, as well as to solidify our market position at the top of our industry. The ideal candidate will help Bailies Coffee grow in a way that is consistent with our greater strategic plan by developing and maintaining relationships with customers who are committed to quality.
Bailies Coffee is seeking a qualified Sales Executive to join our team. The Sales Executive will be responsible for identifying and developing profitable growth opportunities for the company from initial communication through to account opening and after-sales customer management . The Sales Executive will report to the Business Development Manager within the sales team, and also work closely with all other departments within the company to ensure exceptional customer service is delivered at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- Identifying, profiling, analysing and implementing new profitable business opportunities in target areas and identifying the most appropriate means of entry in each case - Determining whether a potential customer is a good ‘fit’ for Bailies Coffee in each case - Explaining our wholesale philosophy, requirements and offering to potential customers - Helping customers develop a coffee program within their business by: establishing flow and layout, suggesting equipment choices and selling equipment, menu planning, scheduling training, establishing routine maintenance programs for equipment, as well as any other general preparation and product sales needed to open - Developing and maintaining an extensive knowledge of coffee equipment - Developing palate and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of seasonal coffee offerings - Coordinating with other departments within Bailies Coffee such as engineering, production, training and admin to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Responding to enquiries in a timely manner, coordinating and following up on existing leads and generating new leads in an effective and structured manner.
- In conjunction with the Business Development Manager, formulating challenging personal sales targets and regularly reporting on sales achievement.
- Establishing solid working relationships with key accounts and providing ongoing sales support.
- Updating and maintaining the Customer Relationship Management system with any new or pertinent data.
- Making recommendations to the Business Development Manager on business development
activity and on how the company can improve the sales of its products in target markets.
- Continuously gathering and reporting on competitor activity and offerings
- Detailing pricing and delivery information with customers and liaising with sales order processing staff to ensure that all orders are promptly received and handled.
- Assisting with after-sales queries and investigating customer complaints, ensuring all issues are
resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Liaising with the production/admin team on despatch and product distribution arrangements for the company’s customers.
- Contributing to customer care and the company’s approach to quality through the presentation
of customer feedback.
- Ensuring that customer care is highly reflected throughout all aspects of work undertaken within the business, and that each customer is handled in an efficient and professional manner.
- Other marketing duties as necessary: brewing coffee at special events, giving roastery tours, having a presence at food and beverage industry events
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Business Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE -
Experience in developing and maintaining successful and productive relationships with others
- Experience in making a significant contribution to team goals
- Experience in opening accounts with retailers and developing long-term relationships
- Experience in delivering consistently excellent customer service
- Familiarity with production processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Evidence of commercial awareness/ business acumen
- Proven effective organisational and time management abilities
- Computer literacy
- Results-focused with ability to work in an independent, self-directed environment while demonstrating a willingness to take strategic direction and work as part of a team
- Interest in participating in further coffee education and coffee tasting
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- A passion for small business and quality products
- A high degree of ethics and obsession with customer service and satisfaction
- Flexible approach to ensure business needs are met
- Current driving licence and vehicle insured for business use both inside and outside of NI
- Able to travel extensively within the designated territory
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of coffee, the coffee industry, products and equipment
- Fluency using ACT! CRM software, Quickbooks, and Microsoft Office
- Experience in sales and/or marketing
- Experience working within the coffee industry
The position is based in Belfast. It involves visiting accounts and potential customers across Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland with occasional travel to industry conferences and accounts outside of Ireland.
OTE £30K (includes a good Basic) + Car allowance + iphone.
30 days holiday per annum (including 10 statutory days).
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, as well as a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 5pm on Friday 3rd August 2012. Please no phone calls.